Included as one of the tables en forme libre created between 1938 and 1939, the final design was developed in 1952 for the students’ rooms of the Maison du Mexique at the Cité Universitaire Internationale in Paris. With a frame designed to be as compact as possible, the tables could be juxtaposed to create larger, symmetrical units. In 1952, the wooden legs were replaced by triangular-section bent metal. In 1956, the lowlevel version was created for the Galerie Steph Simon in Paris. The generous depth of the wooden table-top, available in solid wood, as well as with a gloss or matte finish, resonates with rare beauty. Meanwhile, form follows function in the edges form, reflecting the size of the human hand. New dining versions are added for 5 or 6 people, a new bar version and two new heights for the low tables. In addition, a number of new finishes enhance further the potential for these tables to work together and serve new purposes.